Monday, February 22, 2010

Night of the Cheburashkas

Good morning, everyone,

Why am I blogging instead of going to bed? BECAUSE SUNDAY WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!!!!! I probably don't have to remind any of you that Team USA won the hockey game last night, but I can tell you I was the happiest girl downtown walking against the hoards of sour-faced Canadians. And to top it off, when I went down to Russia House, a giant Cheburashka was dancing around out front!!!



From there, I went to the BC Hydro's Power Smart Village, which gives out green light-up necklaces. I got there right at closing time so one of the reps just handed me one; I didn't have to answer any power smart trivia for it, which always makes me feel like a douchebag because I know the answers but don't necessarily put them into practice at home...

From there it was on to the giant London Drugs across from the Bay, which is having a massive 50% off sale on ALL OLYMPIC MERCHANDISE. I grabbed a box of four mascot stuffies, which normally goes for $60, but decided not to buy it and hold out for the even better discounts which I'm sure (hoping) follow after the Games.

Waiting for the bus, I discovered another Russian pavilion on Burrard --


Jeez, these guys have taken up the entire city! of course, all these venues are private, but at least they lined the entrance and walkway with Cheburashkas in order to make passerbys feel better about being denied entrance. I looked forward to seeing what the Sochi Olympics will be like.


Alright, well now that I've been given the chance to share my happiness and excitement with y'all, I'm off to bed.

Pleasant Cheburashka dreams!

-Bonnie

2010 Vancouver Winter Games Counter
Drunks Wall-peeing: 7
Pavilions Visited: 9
Olympic Souvenirs: 10
Olympic Goals Achieved: 1 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment